cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yeti mic problems with MacBook Pro M3

JJMC
Listener

Yeti mic is working on all apps except zoom. Recently upgraded to MacBook Pro M3. Zoom recognizes the Yeti and chooses it when I plug in, but no sound is going through. I've done a mic test in zoom, and there's no sound coming through. I tried updating to the latest version of zoom, but it still doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem?  Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

KaneZhu
Listener

Hello, 

I saw some users with the same issue said Yeti mic worked after removing the USB light from the computer. Are you using the USB light by Logitech along with the mic?

Thanks.

Thanks for this information, but I am not using a USB light. Thanks again. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JJMC welcome to the community! This is interesting for sure; first, do you mind trying to change your mic mode to standard if in-meeting, and you're not having input feedback? On Mac, in the tool bar, you should see a Green Camera toggle, click on that and change your mic mode to standard to see if that helps? 

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 12.45.04 PM.png

If you're still having problems, I'd double-check your mac's system settings to ensure that you're receiving input from your Yeti mic, making sure it's selected under "input". Once that's done, return to Zoom to ensure that the Input Meter detects input from your Zoom Desktop Client settings > Audio.

macOS sound settings

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 12.47.19 PM.png

Zoom audio microphone settings

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 1.05.03 PM.png

I also did find this resourced from Youtube on the setup and seems this user was successful of using Yeti with Zoom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81DsMgR2Qd4. UI in this video differs due to Big Sur vs. Sonoma, but encourage to check it out to see if this setup is similar and/or helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi RN, thanks for all of the info. Mic mode stays on standard. Mac consistently recognizes the mic, as it shows up in the system audio settings and reads the input. Zoom recognizes the mic as well, as it shows up as an option in zoom settings, but no sound comes through the mic while in zoom. Thanks for trying, though. : )    

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JJMC thank you for testing! Appreciate the feedback here; hmmm, trying to think here. Do you have by chance the Logitech GHub drivers/software installed on mac? Seeing some past cases of this potentially interfering. 

IF you do have Logitech GHub installed: 

1. Remove the Logitech GHub drivers/software completely from the mac

2. If still encounter the same issue, check and remove not only the GHub software but all other Logitech drivers and reboot the MAC and test.

More info on uninstalling of GHub https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/bluth5/uninstaller_for_g_hub_for_mac/?rdt=49194

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for suggesting, but no, I don't have the GHub. This is the early Yeti version. I've searched through the previous posts about this problem, but none of the solutions I've seen there seem to do anything to change it. I've never had mic issues that weren't easily resolvable before. I'm considering ordering a different mic. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JJMC I actually see a case opened internally with a Blue Yeti that isn't connecting properly, which is with engineering; I'm following this in the hopes that it's a bug and that a fix will be implemented soon. Otherwise, given that Yeti is a fairly common microphone brand, I'm surprised you're having issues, and it works with other applications, so I'm assuming this is a Zoom issue if all of the above have been tested. I've also flagged this discussion to a case that an agent is working on that is similar to your issue, in the hopes of getting "more eyes" on it.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Great. Thanks so much for your assistance!