cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can my clients can no longer join meeting via browser

mrklunk
Listener

I'm a therapist and have been using Zoom for years. Now when I send my clients an invitation link, they can no longer join via browser, they get an error and have to download Zoom. They don't all want to download the app and this could cost me business.

I haven't changed any settings - Does anyone know what's up? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 18-11-52 Video Conferencing Web Conferencing Webinars Screen Sharing.png

Be sure the Show a Join from your browser link is ON.

Those joining can click Cancel in the pop-up window, then click the Join from Your Browser link if you do not want to download Zoom before joining the meeting.
Note: You are not required to download Zoom on a desktop device before joining, but you will have access to limited functionality if you join from your browser. If you want to join a meeting from an Android or iOS device, you must download the Zoom mobile app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 18-11-52 Video Conferencing Web Conferencing Webinars Screen Sharing.png

Be sure the Show a Join from your browser link is ON.

Those joining can click Cancel in the pop-up window, then click the Join from Your Browser link if you do not want to download Zoom before joining the meeting.
Note: You are not required to download Zoom on a desktop device before joining, but you will have access to limited functionality if you join from your browser. If you want to join a meeting from an Android or iOS device, you must download the Zoom mobile app.

Thanks for this. I didn't chang that setting but for some reason it was off, I have now put it on again. This has put me off Zoom now though, as well as their increase price to renew so next week I'll be trying Google Meet. My sessions are all one to one and I don't need a group option so it's free. Best wishes, Gary