cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "Audio Signature" in Zoom app settings?

zoom39
Listener

After enabling the "personalized audio isolation" under Audio settings, when does it start to work? I think after the "Audio Signature" was created it should start to work. But based on https://explore.zoom.us/en/privacy/

• If you elect to turn on personalized audio isolation, software on your device will capture and analyze a clip of your audio from meetings you join to create an Audio Signature used to differentiate your voice from, and suppress background noise in, meetings you join. Zoom does not receive or retain the clip or Audio Signature, which stays on your device and is only used for noise suppression in meetings you join. You may delete the Audio Signature from your device through your Zoom app settings.

where is the "Audio Signature" in Zoom app settings? I could not find it. If you know anything about this, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @zoom39 welcome to the community! First I would suggest Updating Zoom to the latest version

Once you've updated your Zoom desktop client, ensuring you're on the latest version, go to your Zoom desktop client settings > Audio > and under 'Audio Profile', you should see a 'personalized audio isolation' setting. 

Within the screenshot and next to the audio profile setting (?) you should see a prompt giving you more information on this specific audio profile setting. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thanks for the reply. I have updated Zoom to 5.16.6 (24712) and could find the prompt you mentioned.

My question is how could I know the "audio profile"/"audio signature" start to work? 

For example, when I have a meeting, another people sit near to me and he/she talks much than me. Will his/her voice clip will be used as my "audio profile"? if so, in next meeting, all my voice will be removed. 

So if there is an explicit settings to indicate the "audio profile"/"audio signature" is ready and know which clip is used (could listen to it), it will make more sense. In privacy, which mentions "You may delete the Audio Signature from your device through your Zoom app settings.", I like the idea, but do not know how to do it. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @zoom39 missed over your first statement on asking "when does it start to work?", I did some research on this feature. According to my understanding, this new feature does both, in terms of removing background noise and retaining a signature of your voice pattern to better the suppressing of background noise. In essence, its an enhancement to the original audio profile of 'Zoom background noise removal'. In terms of receive or retaining the clip or Audio Signature for this feature, I'm not sure what algorithms are in-place (or if thats the correct term) it uses to improve this audio profile selection. I don't think this would matter depending on the audio input levels of those around you with the Audio Signature audio profile type selected.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for the info. After having some meetings, I found the settings for "Audio Signature", which is just under the "personalized audio isolation" settings, like this:

Audio Signature screenshot 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@zoom39 nice - good find 🙂 Do you know when that option populated with the 'Personalized Audio isolation' audio profile selected? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Jeralden
Listener

if we play music i cant hear the instrument

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Jeralden suggest within your Zoom desktop client for 'music and instruments' the "Live performance audio" audio profile.

You can read the (?) description within the Audio settings to see if this is the right audio profile for you. 

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 10.41.36 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

DannyHayasaka
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I filmed a video where I demonstrated if Personalized audio isolation blocks out a person speaking next to me. I tested across multiple headset brands and models. https://youtu.be/ZWZ1WmShns8