cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When re-adding accounts, Zoom doesn't send activation emails

Kkaty50
Listener

Hi, 

Several months ago, I deleted Andrew's Zoom account. Now that he is working with us again, I have re-added his Zoom account (same First name, Last name, Email)to our admin site. However he still hasn't received an activation email. In spite of adding several users, he is the only one with this problem. I tested re-adding accounts that were deleted from our portal a couple months ago, but they didn't receive an activation email.

How can I fix this issue? or would it be possible to add this user to our Zoom site without sending him an activation account?

Thanks for you help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kkaty50 suggest reaching out to Zoom technical support to ensure to route and ensure those activation emails are not being bounced back and received by the recipient. You can open a zoom support ticket here

Suggest also looking into our KBs on Not receiving emails from Zoom and checking the Pending invitations, which expire after 30 days and are removed from the pending list. If you resend an invite, it resets the expiration timer and adds another 30 days each time the invite is resent.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click User Management then Users.
  3. Click the Pending tab to see users that haven't confirmed their accounts:
    • If a user hasn't accept their invitation and can no longer find it in their inbox, you can resend the confirmation email to them by clicking Resend.
    • If you do not want to allow a user to join your account, click Delete before they accept your email invitation.
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kkaty50
Listener

I need help.

The activation email was sent to Andrew's personal email address, so I can see it in our Zoom portal. However, when I try to change Andrew's personal email address to his company's email address, I receive an error message that the account has already been used.  Where can I find the account? several months ago, his company's account was deleted, and I have tried to re-add it. Does Zoom keep a record of  previous accounts? 

Thanks 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Kkaty50 suggest reaching out to Zoom technical support to ensure to route and ensure those activation emails are not being bounced back and received by the recipient. You can open a zoom support ticket here

Suggest also looking into our KBs on Not receiving emails from Zoom and checking the Pending invitations, which expire after 30 days and are removed from the pending list. If you resend an invite, it resets the expiration timer and adds another 30 days each time the invite is resent.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click User Management then Users.
  3. Click the Pending tab to see users that haven't confirmed their accounts:
    • If a user hasn't accept their invitation and can no longer find it in their inbox, you can resend the confirmation email to them by clicking Resend.
    • If you do not want to allow a user to join your account, click Delete before they accept your email invitation.
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!