cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When people click my Zoom link they wait in my waiting room without alerting me that they're there

Allan3
Listener

If I send out my Zoom link to people for a meeting, they enter into my waiting room, but I do not get alerted, so I just sit in my empty room unable to start the meeting. How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Waiting room is on by default. You get alerted 2 ways. One, everyone in the waiting room shows up in the participant list. Two, if you have "play sound when someone joins or leaves" in the participant list menu (...) checked then you will receive an audio alert. From the participant list you can admit everyone and from the participant list menu you can uncheck the waiting room so that anyone joining later on joins the meeting.

Allan3
Listener

No, I don't get any notification at all. Let's say I want to have a quick meeting with one person. I send them my link. I open a new meeting. Then they click the link. They get let into my waiting room and are told they are waiting for me to let them in, but I'm just sitting in my empty room. When I've used Zoom in the past, I will get a notification that Person A is waiting for me to let them in and then I click allow to let them in, but that doesn't happen. I will be on Slack with them where they're telling me that they are in my waiting room and I will be in my Zoom, but I can't let them in, so I have to just quit the Zoom and either join their Zoom, or I will just FaceTime with them or use Teams