cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice over notifications

Chester2023
Listener

Zoom has this voice notification feature that I can't turn off. It is audible voice that says when I share screens, turn on audio, or have new emails. how can I turn it off?

7 REPLIES 7

skrawcz
Listener

Yes! How do I turn it off?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Chester2023  & @skrawcz.

Go to the Zoom Desktop App's Settings window and see the Accessibility tab and look for Screen Reader Alerts.  Uncheck all the boxes:

Ray_Harwood_0-1689973676401.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

skrawcz
Listener

Yeah I dunno, mine are all unchecked:

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 5.02.41 PM.png

Will restore defaults and uncheck them again... maybe something didn't stick 😕

Ray_Harwood

Interesting. I’m not aware of anything other than this that might cause this.

Do these audio prompts happen every meeting you’re in, just ones you host, occasionally/randomly, or what?  Any chance you could make a test meeting and record it and share the recording with me?  (I can send you my email address so you don’t have to post the video  here publicly.)

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

zenstitching
Listener

Im also experiencing this frustration. and despite following your advice, it is still happening. Any other suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.

fredbasset
Listener

Same deal. The voice over is driving me nuts and is very disruptive. How and why was this enabled and how to disable?

I realised the voice over was happening to me because Apple had updated its settings, and so it was my computer that was doing it - not the zoom program. Try changing the settings on your computer, and then  restart it. Hopefully this helps!