cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Email Code

AAA_Development
Listener

Our organization has a Pro account, and multiple account users. The  issue we have is when 1 user wants to use the account, the verification code is emailed to the main account email for authentication, which os another user - who may not be available at the time to share the code. Anyway around this? 

5 REPLIES 5

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello AAA_Development,

With Client Release 5.9.0, Zoom added an additional security feature to protect the accounts of our customers. This feature is designed to avoid fraud and abuse. When attempting to log in from a different device/ location, Zoom will send a One Time Password (OTP) to the user's email.

If for any reason, you are having issues logging in because of the feature above, please contact support so they can investigate and provide solutions as necessary.

Support can enable their 2FA in order to bypass the security feature mentioned above so that users can temporarily log in to their account.

Also note that sharing a Zoom Account is against our Terms of Service (section: Use of services and your responsibilities). 

Browse through this Community post, which looks similar to your issue.

If my reply helped, please click the Accept as Solution button so others in the Community may benefit as well! 

S_K

Hello AAA_Development,

Did my response answer your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution so others in the Community may benefit as well.

S_K

Hello AAA_Development,

Did my response answer your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution so others in the Community may benefit as well.

czarria60
Listener

It certainly did not address our problem , which is identical to AAA_Development. We did not set up or ask for 2FA. Our admin died suddenly and I (the Owner) have had a &%*@ of s time trying to set up a new one. I managed to delete the old admin and enter a new one but now anytime she tries to use the account, she has to wait for me to check my email and send her the code. UGH!!!

S_K

Hi czarria60,

I'm sorry to hear you've had this much trouble. Have you enabled 2FA so users can receive a code on their own mobile devices? With 2FA, users won't need the OTP sent to the owner email address. See the two Zoom Support articles below for more information. 

Security is top priority at Zoom. What seems like a nuisance can prevent much larger headaches down the road.  I also recommend this Zoom Blog post : How Zoom Works to Protect Your Account

Visit Zoom Support Center or Zoom Learning Center to find loads of helpful information!