cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two monitors my Zoom meetings momentarily cut out

ivantriman
Listener

I use two monitors connected via HDMI and a SELORE hub to a Lenovo Thinkbook.  When in 'regular' meeting  (no rooms, typically 1:1 but sometimes 1: many, typically with screen sharing but not always) the session often momentarily cut out. 

The Zoom connection is maintained, both monitors go blank and neither party can hear each other.  After about 5-10 seconds the monitors return, but in Windows' timeout' mode.  I enter my Windows PIN and I'm back in the session, but I need to turn on my camera.

I'm running Windows 11 (2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5034467 and 2024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034765)) and and Zoom client version 5.16.10 (26186).

It's not a hard fault, there's no predictability, sometimes it happens early on in my working day,/early in the Zoom meeting, sometimes, it doesn't happen at all, and sometimes in between!  It's been happening for 9 months and I've finally 'had enough'!  I've also an important presentation coming up in 3 weeks and I don't want it cutting out during that.

The problem does not occur when I'm running the laptop either using its own monitor or a single external one.  The problem also occurs when using a different hub, eiQGraphic Card USB Docking & Charging station.

Any ideas for a fix?

Many thanks

0 REPLIES 0