cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update Zoom to the latest version on Mac

tati2022
Listener

Today I faced a problem which let my workday down. Zoom suggested updating to the latest version. I followed the instructions, but it wasn't successful. (error code 10004) Then I tried to solve my issue according to the recommendations on the website, but it changed nothing. 
I deleted the app on my Mac and reloaded it again. And now, while I'm trying to install the Zoom app, it shows an error again. What should I do in this case?

21 REPLIES 21

FO1
Listener

I am having the exact same problem and the Support number is a useless automated system as it is suggesting solutions that cannot be implemented seeing how I am locked out. Is there any number where one can reach an actual functioning human at Zoom?

Same issue. I also tried uninstalling and downloading the latest and the installation failed there too

twinbie
Listener

I experienced the same problem with my MacBook Pro.  Installations are unsuccessful. Getting same error message.  Could not join a meeting at 4 pm today.

Eileen3
Listener

I have the same problem.  What is the fix?  

Mwygoda
Listener

I am having the same issue unable to log into my class tonight. 

ejo1
Listener

I am experiencing the same issue and haven't been able to update. I have been trying for months and get the same error message multiple times. How do I fix this.

Louis4
Listener

Zoom is killing our business.... I cannot update to the latest version on Mac (M1). It gives the error code: 10004. Please Zoom, sort this out as a matter of urgency!

Khuff
Listener

I have missed all my meetings today and can't get any help from zoom. Getting the same error that everyone else is getting on my Mac is there any solutions?

kejnie
Listener

I am having the same issue with the same error code.  Please help. 

pcastrophb
Listener

Glad to see I am not alone in this.  Was this ever resolved?

CAMPerin
Listener

Same here. So no updates?

ZOOMxMDB
Listener

Same problem.  Day 2.  What gives?

CAMPerin
Listener

I finally got a response from a help ticket I put in. I had to uninstall then reinstall the program. If you have a new mac with an M1 chip there is a new version you have to install instead. This was their help:

I understand that you are getting the Error code:10004. Allow me to assist you with this. 

In some cases, this problem may be caused by the specific hardware/network-related issues of your Mac device. Please pay attention to what kind of processor are you using. You can find the details by clicking on the Apple logo and then about this Mac.

If your device has an M1 Silicone chip, you will need to uninstall your current Zoom application and install a special Zoom client from our Download Center.
This chip was first introduced in new Mac devices in late 2020.
(zoom.us/download😞

If you've already tried this, I would recommend uninstalling the Zoom application using our specific Zoom Uninstall file per the instructions below:

Open Finder -> Applications and right-click Zoom.us.

From here, select "Show package contents":

Next, open Contents -> Frameworks:

Lastly, launch the Zoom Uninstaller file on your device:

Doing so should uninstall the Zoom application from your device. When this had been accomplished, please browse back to our Download Center at zoom.us/download and install the correct Zoom Client for Meetings for your Mac device.

Download the M1 client version if on a Mac with an M1 chip.
NOTE: For users running Zoom on a Mac device with the M1 chip, they may need to download/install the Rosetta app in order to resolve this issue. For instructions, please see the article from Apple Support.

Once you've completed the above, please let me know your results and I will be happy to investigate further as needed!

You may refer to this article, https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati... for your reference. Also, feel free to visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us for more helpful information.

Thank you for doing business with us.

This along with the solution below with Privacy & Security Settings did the trick!  Thank you

awarsoca
Listener

OK all, here is how I fixed it, the below was a little off so I'll tell you where I changed it:

Hi @awarsoca @mgoldax2023 gotcha! Lets try this.. 

• Please go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.
  • After enabling these options please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.

Note:
If the installer is not seen at the above location, please add it manually by going to Finder > Go > Go to  Folder...- key in /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app and then add the installer once the option is listed.

awarsoca_0-1691610445312.png

There are also a couple of discussions around this with some troubleshooting content with some success! 

Hope this helps! 

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

I did this instead 
  • Please go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> enable us.Zoom.
  • After enabling these options please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.

Rebooted and tried the pkg in download.  I tried to enable all users but it failed (probably IT admin lockdown).  I then went to finder, go (as above) and navigated as it was shown.  went to the pkg in downloads and installed for myself only and I am good go with Zoom.

Hope this helps

This worked!! Thank you

1tonybrnfa
Listener

where am I going to Privacy & Security? On my MAC OR IN ZOOM!?

@1tonybrnfa Mac for that

tonibain
Listener

I am not able to install today-it is Aug 26 several days since first post on this-what is being done?? I tried the fix and am unable to even uninstall! Do something!

Same here, and I haven't been able to update zoom for close to a year.  Now Zoom is asking me to pay my subscription for another year.  Support is terrible!  None of us should have to change system settings (not knowing what issues that may cause!) for a problem that requires a universal fix like this.  

asifnaveed8527
Listener

Oh man, that sounds super frustrating, especially when you've got work to do. I've been through the same kind of tech issues, and it's a real headache. Here's what I'd recommend:

First, make sure your Mac's OS is up-to-date. Sometimes app issues stem from an outdated OS.
Try downloading the installer again, but this time, maybe use a different browser. You never know; it could be a browser issue.
Turn off any antivirus software temporarily, just in case it's preventing the installation for some reason.
If that fails, try installing while logged into your Mac as another user. It's possible that your user profile is causing the issue.
Lastly, if all else fails, I'd recommend reaching out to Zoom's customer support. In my experience, they've been pretty helpful.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.