cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to rejoin audio during a meeting

Lyricalmel
Listener

When disconnecting audio during a regular Zoom meeting, I am no longer able to rejoin after the first few minutes. Both the microphone and speaker do not reconnect. I don’t leave the meeting.  Video continues working just fine. This has been going on for months now. 

This issue started with a new iPad Pro device, which makes me think it is a settings issue or other software issue. Audio is set to auto connect in Zoom app settings.  I have the latest IOS app. 

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Lyricalmel thats interesting! Do you mind capturing a screenshot of your experience when you disconnect audio and re-attempt to join? 

This is my current experience on iOS 17 and Zoom App version 5.16.5, as I am not experiencing the same 🤔

disconnectaudio.gif

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello, RN. Thanks for responding!

When I click on Join Audio to reconnect, Zoom displays a query box asking if I want to join on WIFI / Cellular or Dial-in. I click on WIFI/Cellular and nothing happens. Audio is still disconnected. My colleagues can’t hear me and I can’t hear them. Otherwise, everything looks right. Video continues to work and all the menu options for Zoom look complete. I could get a screen capture next time we meet, but I doubt it would tell you much more. I called Apple for support also and after remotely checking the iPad for issues, they advised me to reinstall the app, which I have done. Our next meeting is Sunday. 

Hi RN, Apple’s suggestion to reinstall didn’t work. Here is the screen shot you asked for.