cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch Apps in the Mac Zoom desktop application

joelc
Listener

I am unable to launch Apps in the Mac Zoom desktop application. I have a few apps installed (Colabri, Fellow) which I know because I can see them in the Zoom mobile application (neither of these apps is designed for mobile). I am unable to launch these apps on the desktop because I do not have the Apps button available to me in the either the Zoom application or during a meeting I am hosting.
I am using Zoom version 5.15.6 and MacOS version 13.5

I have followed instructions and community posts I've managed to find to try and enable the 'Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button'. Most of the instructions here seem out of date, but I have followed User related ones, enabling the toggle on Settings - Zoom Apps page. I have restarted both Zoom (multiple times) and my Mac but nothing has resolved the issue.

The thing that I have noticed is that there is a popup message in the Zoom desktop app whenever I toggle the button on the Settings page. Regardless of the toggle position however the message always says 'Zoom Apps has been disabled'. I have attached 2 screenshots, one when I just disabled the toggle and the other where I have just enabled the toggle.

Please advise how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

joelc
Listener

@Bort I've seen that you have looked at a few posts like this in the past. Do you have any insight on this one?

Thanks

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @joelc 
Thanks for providing so much information to help with troubleshooting. As far as I can tell, it should all be working for you, so I am not sure why you are still unable to access Zoom Apps from the desktop client. I've reached out to some contacts internally at Zoom and will let you know if they have any other suggestions on what to check or adjust. 

Bort

HI @joelc 

I've chatted with some experts at Zoom and they would like you to recreate this on your end, so that they can check the logs on the backend. 

1. Please open the Zoom Settings page in a fresh browser. 
  2. Turn off the Zoom Apps setting. 
  3. Take note of the exact date/time you disabled the setting, including the time zone you're in. 
  4. Provide that info to me here. 

I'll pass along that info and see what our engineers can find in the logs. 

Hi @Bort,

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry for the delayed reply.

I followed your instructions, disabling Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button then reenabling it approx. 3 seconds later at 13:47 Australian Eastern Standard Time today (29 August).

Thanks  

asifnaveed8527
Listener

Man, that sounds frustrating! I've also faced some weird glitches with Zoom's desktop app, so you're not alone.

It's pretty weird that you're not getting the Apps button despite having everything toggled correctly in the settings. I'd expect better stability from an application that's so widely used, especially one that's critical for remote work and meetings.

Have you tried reinstalling Zoom? I know it sounds cliché, but sometimes a clean slate does the trick. Another thing you could try is to check for conflicting software that might be blocking Zoom's functionalities. Mac's privacy settings can sometimes be overly protective.

And if all else fails, maybe you can reach out to Zoom's customer support? Sometimes these things boil down to account-specific issues that only they can resolve. I'm super interested to know how you get on with this because if there's a workaround, it would be great to share it with others facing the same issue.

Good luck sorting it out!

Hey @asifnaveed8527 , thanks for reaching out. You know I haven't actually tried reinstalling, I don't know why I didn't think of this, I will give anything a try at this stage!

Cheers