Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off voice isolation so I can share computer audio

Fireyshamrock
Listener

Whenever I try to screenshare & share computer audio I get a pop up that says:

Turn off voice isolation

Audio sharing works best when "Voice Isolation" is turned off. To turn off "Voice Isolation", go to Control Center in the menu bar, click Mic Mode, then select "Standard".

I have looked everywhere and I do not see this as an option. I have tried adjusting every mic setting and I keep getting the pop up warning. How do I fix this so I can share my computer audio when screensharing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nory
Listener

I FOUND IT!!!!!!! 

Get on a meeting and start screen sharing (you will get the pop up...just dismiss it.) Now, look at the top towards the middle, not the settings!!! You will see a box with a little man, click on it and then you will see mic mode finally! I am attaching screen shots! 

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 10.13.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 10.15.03 AM.png

  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nory
Listener

ME TOOOOO!!!!!! This has been an issue now for over a month and I can't seem to find the fix. The instructions are not correct. There is NO MIC MODE 

Nory
Listener

I FOUND IT!!!!!!! 

Get on a meeting and start screen sharing (you will get the pop up...just dismiss it.) Now, look at the top towards the middle, not the settings!!! You will see a box with a little man, click on it and then you will see mic mode finally! I am attaching screen shots! 

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 10.13.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 10.15.03 AM.png

  

You ARE - THE - BEST!! Thank you for posting it...I was having this problem for weeks...Thank you very much for this. 

Thank you for this! I did not have the same icon but it was on the control center icon. I was having trouble with the audio since early this year and I could not have found the fi if it weren't for you!

OMG, I think I'm gonna cry. THANK YOU!!!!

The problem is that when you change it from isolation to standard, after a few seconds, it automatically goes back to voice isolation.

Thank you so much. I have been having challenges for months. God bless you!

beckyxchi
Listener

This has been an issue now for over a month!. Bad pop out toast message! @Could you improve the message?@zoom team.

I will delete zoom if I cannot solve it tonight. 

Thanks a lot, Nory.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This voice isolation message is about Mac OS, not about Zoom. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchle82b42f0/mac 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!