cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Updating to Latest Version

Jai-G
Listener

Unable to sign in.  Error message says I need to update to Version 5.10.3 or higher.  But unable to log in.  Resource says " if the desktop client was installed with the MSI installer by you or your IT team, AutoUpDate is disabled by default and Check for Updates button is also removed...." Does anyone know what this means and what I should do to change it? I have tried to manually download the latest but ran into a problem.  Probably because I can't actually sign on in the usual manner.  Would appreciate any insight you might have.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Please do these steps since you are running into issues:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

View solution in original post

This worked perfectly.  Thank You Very Much

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

sachinzoom

Hello,

Please do these steps since you are running into issues:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

This worked perfectly.  Thank You Very Much

sachinzoom

You are welcome Jai. Glad to hear

If I do the uninstall will all my existing meetings, settings, backgrounds, etc, by wiped, or does that only happen in yo also run Clean Zoom

I have the same problems as OP

If I uninstall and reinstall, will the current scheduled meetings be deleted?

Thank YOU!  This was exactly what I need to make it work and easy!  Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worked great, solved the upgrade not possible error 10004

sachinzoom

Hello @BigAussie,

I think your backgrounds may be wiped out. So, its always good to save them and re-add them if required. Meetings there will be no impact. From the article:

1. Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.