cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools for creating "Zoom Walls"

chabad360
Listener

I've been looking for different tools to create "Zoom Walls" similar to this one (https://ilcreativeideas.gumroad.com/l/NDI_Zoom_Gallery_Plugin_49_7X7). I was wondering if anyone here might know of any alternatives?

8 REPLIES 8

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @chabad360 

What size are you looking for, and how many participants do you need to show? Do you need to interact with the participants two-way, or just see them?

Zoom Rooms can display up to 148 participants across three screens - which can be any physical size.

Will this be a permanent installation? 

> What size are you looking for, and how many participants do you need to show?

We'd be putting it on a big LED Wall for an event. We'd want to show around 200 to 250 participants (doesn't necessarily need to be all at the same time).

> Do you need to interact with the participants two-way, or just see them?

We'd just need to see them, but we would like to integrate it more into the event gfx Vs. just occasionally showing a Zoom screen (which we did last year). 

Another thing is, we're looking to divide them into groups based on region, our solution from last year is just to have separate zoom meetings and show the screen of those. I'm curious if there might be other ways of doing that.

Rupert

Hi @chabad360 

Do you have the hardware already - like the LED wall and some kind of input matrix?

Is this just a software and workflow question? Fine if it is. Just checking.

If you need separate groups of participants - like in separate meetings - do those groups need to interact with each other?

Will you have local in-person participants also?

> Do you have the hardware already - like the LED wall and some kind of input matrix?

Yes, we already have the hardware. It's just a software problem.

> If you need separate groups of participants - like in separate meetings - do those groups need to interact with each other?

No, these groups don't need to.

> Will you have local in-person participants also?

Yes.

Just to give a better idea, it's a large banquet with a lot of virtual participants (and even more in-person ones). We want to give some sort of feeling that the virtual participants are part of the event as well, so having some sort of way for them to show up live on screen (even just kinda in the background) helps give that feeling.

Rupert

So then this will depend on what levels of Zoom accounts you have access to, or what budget is available - and how far you want to go.

My first-thought would be to use Zoom Rooms and take clean NDI outputs to decoders on your wall.

That would give you interface-free gallery views.

Lots of variables here. I can DM you with some other notes.

Celeste0802
Listener

Hi!! What's a zoom wall? 

Rupert

Rupert_0-1634835931747.png

Rupert

Rupert_1-1634836333613.png

This was one of the setups at the recent Zoomtopia.