cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Zoom app has disappeared from my PC and won't update or download

Robertab4
Listener

Hello and thank you in advance for any help. I can't update Zoom and the desktop app has disappeared and I can't log in. The the application still exists in downloads. I try to download, Zoom starts installing, then the install window disappears before it's finished. I'm running Windows 7. Thanks again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

hello Robert,

You can right click on the app when you open it via Windows Explorer and create a desktop icon and also when the app is running, you can create it on the taskbar at the bottom. 

Let me know if that works for you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sachinzoom

Hello, 

Please look at these system requirements to see if your Windows 7 meets them:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux

I also recommend rebooting once before trying the install.

If this helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution.

Hello and thank you! I reinstalled Zoom, but the icon didn't appear on my desktop, as per the instructions: "Note: After the Zoom desktop client installation is complete, a Zoom icon will appear on your desktop." I can run the program but if you have any suggestions about the icon, I'd be happy to try. If not, at least it's running. Either way, I appreciate your help - thanks so much.

sachinzoom

hello Robert,

You can right click on the app when you open it via Windows Explorer and create a desktop icon and also when the app is running, you can create it on the taskbar at the bottom. 

Let me know if that works for you

It did work and I'd like to thank you again for your help. Best, Roberta