cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Zoom Audio Through iPhone to Television with Adapter

JOHELMS
Listener

Hey, I hope everyone here is well. I have an iPhone and would like to use it to stream Zoom meetings through my television. I am using this particularly for online church, because one of my older relatives can't hear the audio just through the phone, and would be able to hear it much better if I could stream the audio through the tv. I have used an adapter to hook the iPhone through to the television and the picture comes through clearly, but there is no audio through the tv. I do have a television with HDMI ports which allows me to plug the adapter in, but I do not have a smart tv and cannot download apps to the tv, and my Roku won't allow me to download Zoom to the Roku either. If I play the same meetings over Facebook live I get the audio. And if I do the Zoom meeting through my laptop, if I click on the up arrow that exists where the Mute button is then I can switch the audio settings to  my television- but phones are just so much more portable, and I always have my phone with me, but I might not always have my laptop with me. But no such option exists on the Mute button or anywhere that I can find where you can do that for the iPhone over Zoom meetings. So I am asking, besides mirroring which I can't do, because I though I do have a fairly up-to-date tv, but not a Smart TV, what can I do to get the audio through my iPhone on Zoom to my television? I would really really appreciate your help with this.

1 REPLY 1

Gotvhh
Listener

The best possible way to attend zoom meeting on your smart TV or Roku TV is first install the zoom app on your Android or iOS device. Begin the meeting and scroll up to use screen mirroring or airplay mode. Select your Roku device name and you have done so. For more details follow the given article.