cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static camera view - dedicated picture

RaggidyMan
Listener

I currently use Zoom as my remote platform when hosting podcast guests. I am in my studio with multiple local cameras and I record (and save) the Zoom feed of the guest. When I "pin" the guest on my monitor, and then go full screen, I only "see" the guest. But my recording changes to whomever the active speaker is or it will do gallery, or side by side. I want to PIN the camera to a single person - and no matter who is speaking, I want the recording to remain on that PINNED person. I can get a dedicated audio file from each person but I cannot figure out how to get a dedicated video file.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

Can you hide your video, or turn your video off and hide it?

You might also have to record locally instead of the cloud as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

storyhub

"Pin" is for your view only. If you want the guest to be the "program" view in the recording then use "Spotlight for everyone" https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066300

And FYI, you can spotlight more than one participant at the same time.

RaggidyMan
Listener

Thank you for your response. It looks like spotlight only works if there is three or more participants. In my case I have 2 - myself and the guest. I only want the camera to focus on the guest, no matter who is speaking.

kjhartma

Can you hide your video, or turn your video off and hide it?

You might also have to record locally instead of the cloud as well.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @RaggidyMan I went ahead and marked @kjhartma reply as the solution as to not utilizing the spotlighting feature, however, hiding "self view", or turning off camera. You have the option as the Author of this discussion to mark the reply as 'not the solution', and let us know what didn't work from @kjhartma's reply when testing. We're here to help! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RaggidyMan
Listener

Thank you for replying.

I can't turn off my video - my guest wants to be able to see me when we talk, but I will experiment with recording locally and see if that gives me other options.

kjhartma

Record locally, pin the person if you still can and maybe select speaker view, and make sure to choose "Hide Self View" in the Meeting Window in the top right.

See if that helps.

kjhartma_0-1707940900080.png

storyhub

If you are using a paid account simply add an additional device to the meeting and then use "Spotlighting".

RaggidyMan
Listener

I'll try that - thank you for the suggestion