cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers don't work on desktop client

Lotte
Listener

Since a month or so, my Zoom desktop client on my laptop fails to produce sound over the speakers. I can't hear any sound, others in the meeting do hear me.

I have already reinstalled the app twice and followed the instructions in the support article about sound output for Realtek.

Also on latest version of Windows (Windows 11 Pro, version 22H2) and have latest audio drivers (for Realtek Audio).

All other apps that use my speakers (Teams, Spotify, etc) work without problems, and so is the web-version of Zoom. Just rather use the app for my meetings!

Anyone with a suggestion?

Hope to fix this soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Got it. Are you able to access Windows' "Volume Mixer" and confirm the following:

1.) Zoom appears to be routed to the speaker output within Volume Mixer

2.) Zoom is not muted in Volume Mixer and fader is set to an appropriate level

3.) Whether you are able to see audio levels hitting the volume mixer for the Zoom application

bstrelko_0-1705068183932.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bstrelko

Can you confirm the name of the audio output device that is selected by Zoom (up-caret near your microphone or Settings -> Audio should show you this)?
Also, what other audio output devices are available on that list?

This info will best inform next steps.

Thanks for checking in.

Options I see in Zoom client Settings - Audio (when not using headphones)

- Same as system (Speakers (Realtek(R)Audio))

- Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)

None of the options result in sound over laptop speakers.

Once I insert my headphones I additionally see the option "Headphones (Realtek(R) Audio). With headphones in, I can hear the speaker.

bstrelko

Got it. Are you able to access Windows' "Volume Mixer" and confirm the following:

1.) Zoom appears to be routed to the speaker output within Volume Mixer

2.) Zoom is not muted in Volume Mixer and fader is set to an appropriate level

3.) Whether you are able to see audio levels hitting the volume mixer for the Zoom application

bstrelko_0-1705068183932.png

Thanks a bunch! This did the trick. For some reason automatically muted for Zoom (and not for any other apps...strange!)