cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Issues-Windows 11

Raj7
Listener

I have tried on two laptops with windows 11. I bought Asus and then I returned thinking it was faulty due to the background music share problems / sound issues. I exchanged with Acer Aspire 5 and I still encounter the same problems. It's a shame I can't able to use my new laptop for meetings because of sound problems. I am fed up of this and I am thinking of leaving zoom. Can someone help? I asked the same question few months ago and wasn't helpful. Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

Clark28
Listener

I am having the same issues. Some day it works and some days it doesn’t. I am on it everyday for work and it’s a real issue. Did you find an answer? 

papadezil72
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Try Turing off spatial audio when in the meeting.  I know microsoft has been having issues with this feature in share mode.  There is no permeant fix for this yet.  

Raj7
Listener

I have tried spatial sound. Not helpful.

Thanks Papadezil. 

SinginHOG
Listener

I have no sound using the Zoom desktop client on Windows 11, which is a problem I don't have on other devices with earlier versions of Windows or on Android phones. 

I have found a solution, which may help:

1)  Click on the sound icon on the bottom right of the task bar

2) In the pop-up, click on the icon on the right of the volume slider.  If you hover the cursor on this it gives a pop-up comment "Select a sound output"

3) In the pop-up window that appears scroll to the bottom to the sub-window entitled "Volume Mixer", there will be several volume sliders, one of which will be "Zoom".  This was muted on my laptop, so unmuting it gives me audio out when on Zoom once more.

4) These settings can also be accessed under System>Sound>Volume Mixer - search for "Volume Mixer" from the magnifying glass icon on your taskbar.

Hope this helps.