cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing a powerpoint - but restricting meeting participants from seeing your "notes" at the bottom

Anise
Listener

Hello,

I have a powerpoint presentation to offer, but I have made 'notes' at the bottom of each slide (off the slide, but on the bottom as my speaking points/notes).

How do I set up the presentation settings so the meeting participants only see the actual slides instead of also my 'notes'?

I only have a single screen and will be running it from my MacBook laptop.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

In Zoom, when sharing, you can try sharing only a portion of your screen. From the in-meeting toolbar, click Share Screen > Advanced > Portion of the screen.

From Powerpoint, and this is probably the better solution, put the presentation in presenter view by right-clicking on the presentation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RobF

In Zoom, when sharing, you can try sharing only a portion of your screen. From the in-meeting toolbar, click Share Screen > Advanced > Portion of the screen.

From Powerpoint, and this is probably the better solution, put the presentation in presenter view by right-clicking on the presentation.

ClimateOhio
Listener

In PowerPoint, click the box "use presenter view" (which is the next to the last section on your ribbon, under "monitor")

Then click "Slideshow" / and "From Beginning" and THEN you will see (hover near the bottom of your first slide) a circle with three little dots, near the bottom of your first slide. Click that circle with three little dots, then click "show presenter view" / THEN what's on the left (the larger window) will be what your audience sees in your screen share. 

(unless you are sharing your entire desktop) / But just a regular screenshare will show only the larger slide, your notes and the next slide coming up will be in the smaller window on the right of the screen.  I had to set up two laptops to check to be sure that's what my zoom participants would see! 

This doesn't seem to work on my Mac.  Is this solution supposed to work for Mac?  I cannot get the notes NOT to show.  Is there any solution other than to share a portion of your screen which doesn't result in great slide resolution.  Help!

It's under the advanced tab at the top of the sharing options screen. Note, be careful if your presentation is being recorded in zoom. If you make the presentation slide in the top left too small, it gets degraded (spread) by the zoom recording and looks of poor quality.

There are two ways around this.

1. Don't use presenter mode, just full screen sharing

2. In presenter mode, make the slide window as big as you can (it still leaves space for the notes you might have). You will get a lot less degradation then. 

You're welcome!