cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing documents in zoom

CarolineB61
Listener

Hi Everyone

I'm hoping you can help with this problem. I have set up my account so that I can share files with participants in a meeting. However, when I put the document in Chat, even though it says I have been successful and I can see it, my participants cannot see it - or just one or two can.

I wondered whether it's because I scheduled a number of meetings before I changed this setting to enable document sharing.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve it? I'm about to run lots of meetings and really need this functionality.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @CarolineB61 , 

It is likely that some participants cannot see the files because they have joined the Zoom meeting through a method that doesn't support file transfer. This is most likely they joined via the Web client, which does not yet have the ability to view sent files (just tested this to be sure). I'd advise they install the desktop client or mobile app and join using that instead. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Good morning Bort

Is it possible to share a pp with a group and have them interact with the document without using annotate? I have movable pieces on the slide and I want them to move these pieces in a particular order.

Thanks so much

Sonja

Bort

You could use Remote Control to allow other participants to control your screen and move objects, but this is limited to just one participant at a time. This article has more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362673-Requesting-or-giving-remote-control

NF_QUAL_2021
Listener

While Zoom allows file sharing, content viewing is limited to file formats supported by native browsers (PDF, PNG, etc.).  Viewing of Microsoft Office formats requires a subscription, frequently requiring file download delays and navigating multiple Office format UI's based on the Microsoft application.   

JohnHung
Listener

I have similar problems when participants using Zoom app include ios android version.
I also checked the version was highest.
It's different then official document.

cksawyer
Listener

How do I drag and drop files back and forth between my PC and Zoom In-meeting chat?