cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a screen

eleonora777
Listener

Hello,

When I host my meeting using my own zoom application, I am able to share my entire screen. When I connect to someone's meeting, I am not able to share the entire screen. I can only share one thing, like a browser or an application but it has to be one thing only. This happened even when I was made a co-host and even a host.

How do I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer

Hi eleonora777

This is because the configuration of a meeting will always depend on who schedules it, which means that the person who schedules that session has configured in his user that the participants can only share the screen as you mention.

Even if the original host logs out and assigns you as the new host, the settings remain the same as the initial host.

Wences

Hi Wences,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am checking with the person whose meetings I join if they have the same settings.

On the other subject: do you know why people in a zoom meeting on my laptop can hear me but cannot hear a music which I play on my tablet? How can I make them hear music on my tablet?

Many thanks again.

WencesUnzueta

When we share the screen and we want them to listen to an audio, it is necessary to enable the "share device audio" option which is located in the lower left part of our sharing screen.

Wences

Hi Wences,

The sound is not from the computer but from another outside device. I enabled "share device audio", so if I play YouTube on the computer, my meetings participants can hear it. But if I play YouTube on my tablet, then my participants in the computer zoom meeting do not hear it. This is the problem. 

Thank you very much for your help.