cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up someone as Alternative Host when they have an Education account

mvanel01
Listener

Hello everyone -

I have an Education account; I teach at a university and my account is via the university. I have a Personal Meeting Room that is my own, for example (not shared by others even at the university).  When I go to my zoom page at look at "Account profile" it says "XYZ University." 

My colleague (not at the University) has a Pro account with a license to hold a 1000 person Event. They would like to make me an Alternative Host for an upcoming webinar they are putting on. However, as they are creating the event, on the Schedule a Webinar page when they add my university email address an error pops up, "Unable to assign email at university dot edu as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time."  I thought maybe it was because the system thinks I don't have an account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Prerequisites for designating an alternative host

• Both users need to be Licensed and on the same account
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
  • Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
  • For webinar, the user who schedules the meeting needs both a license and the webinar add-on; the alternative host only needs to be Licensed
  • Alternative hosts must be signed in to Zoom with the correct account in order to be granted the host or co-host permissions

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host 

In order to be added as an alternative host both users need to be part of the same paid licence.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Frank_TB

Hello,

Prerequisites for designating an alternative host

• Both users need to be Licensed and on the same account
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
  • Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
  • For webinar, the user who schedules the meeting needs both a license and the webinar add-on; the alternative host only needs to be Licensed
  • Alternative hosts must be signed in to Zoom with the correct account in order to be granted the host or co-host permissions

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host 

In order to be added as an alternative host both users need to be part of the same paid licence.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!