cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a recurring meeting - and want to use fixed ID instead of newly generated on

theCoderSchool
Listener

I used to be able to schedule monthly recurring meetings and have only a certain zoom link. Now even though I set it up as such, the minute I make it a recurring meeting it defaults back to a new number (and not my typical zoom 

The reason this is a problem is that if I have an ongoing meeting happening on the zoom line already then it starts a whole new meeting (and other people are kicked out).

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi the coderschool,

if i am reading the support article correctly, i think you can use the meeting id.

Zoom allows you to schedule meetings with multiple occurrences so that each occurrence uses the same meeting ID and settings. You can schedule these meetings in daily, weekly, and monthly increments. You can also set a recurring meeting to be used at any time. Meeting IDs for recurring meetings expire 365 days after the meeting was last started.

Scheduling a recurring meeting – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

zoomuser707
Listener

Hi! I am running into this same issue and it seems to be a recent upgrade to Zoom. There is another thread where people have been complaining about this since Dec. I just noticed it happen for the first time like a month ago. This needs to be changed back and is very problematic. 

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Can-no-longer-schedule-recurring-meetings-with-personal-id/td...