cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set meeting to screen share PRIOR to start of meeting

KellyH
Listener

I set Zoom meetings for my boss.  I assign him as alternate host.  How do I set the meeting to allow all participants to screen share when I set the meeting up OR prior to the meeting starting?

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @KellyH, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

To set up a Zoom meeting to allow all participants, including the alternate host, to screen share you will need to adjust the screen sharing settings to 'Enable screen sharing for participants' on the Settings page on the web portal. This will allow all participants, including the alternate host, to share their screens during the meeting.

You can also click Security from the controls toolbar while in the meeting and make sure that the Screen Share option is checked. If the options are greyed out, ensure that Multiple participants can share simultaneously is not selected in the Advanced Sharing Options window, as other options cannot be adjusted while it is enabled. 

Give it a test with your boss beforehand to make sure everything is working as intended 🙂

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes,

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Jameswalter
Participant

To set a Zoom meeting to allow screen sharing prior to the start of the meeting, you can follow these steps:

Click on the Meetings tab.
Click on the Create Meeting button.
In the Meeting Settings section, click on the Advanced tab.
Under Screen Sharing, select the Allow participants to share their screen checkbox.
Click on the Save button.