cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen sharing not permitted

Vicksta
Listener

When I start a meeting, a message appears that I am not allowed to screen share.  I have a Pro plan, I am hosting the meeting.   Those who I invite to my meeting can share their screen but I still can't share mine. I have followed numerous You Tube videos to make sure my Mac settings aren't the problem.  Nothing has worked.  Can anyone help?  Thankyou.

2 REPLIES 2

alena_zlc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there! 

Apologies if you have already completed these steps, but I just want to make sure you have covered all the bases first. 

• Is your Zoom client updated to the latest version? Please verify by clicking your profile picture in the upper right corner and selecting "Check for updates." 
  • Sign into the Zoom web portal and navigate to Settings and scroll down to In Meeting (Basic) and ensure all the screen sharing permissions are set on. 
  • Clear cache and cookies from the settings (if using the web client)
  • Restart your device or browser.
  • Uninstall the app, then download and reinstall it.
  • For macOS version 10.15 Catalina and higher, check your device’s privacy settings and make sure that Zoom has permission for screen recording.

If you are still having issues after following these troubleshooting steps, submit a request to Zoom Support for advanced troubleshooting.

I hope this helps! 

Vicksta
Listener

Thanks for your help Alena.  I have followed those steps multiple times without success so I have now submitted a request to Zoom support.  Your links were very helpful. Thank you.