cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling on behalf of another person

MCCZoom
Listener

I schedule meetings for my boss (I have been assigned scheduling privileges).  However, he cannot start the meeting, even though it clearly lists him as the host.  I cannot add him as an alternate host, since I am scheduling it for him.  I schedule several meetings a day for him and yet I am not always available to start the meeting for him.  I thought that by scheduling on his behalf, I would avoid this issue but it hasn't.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @MCCZoom,

Your situation is unusual. I know many users that use the Scheduling Privilege successfully, so let’s see if we can narrow down why yours doesn’t work. 

1. Do you see his account listed in the Scheduling Privilege section at the bottom of your Personal -> Settings screen?  Can he also see you on his Scheduling Privilege List? (Scheduling Privilege is a 2-way street!)
  2. When you schedule the meeting, have you selected his account from the Schedule For dropdown on the meeting creation page/window?
  3. Does the meeting you schedule appear on his Zoom client app on the desktop?  And also in the list of meetings in zoom.us for him?
  4. Is he always attempting to launch the meeting from the same corporate account?  He must be logged in on the account  that has Scheduling Privilege for this to work.
  5.  Exactly what method is he using to launch the meeting? What app, which link, what device, etc. This is most successful when launching from the meeting list on the Zoom app or zoom.us web page for the account. 

Not sure what else to ask, but this is a start. Once I hear from you, I’ll try to make some recommendations. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Glad to see your issue was resolved @MCCZoom ! Don't forget to click "Accept as Solution" 😊

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @MCCZoom,

Your situation is unusual. I know many users that use the Scheduling Privilege successfully, so let’s see if we can narrow down why yours doesn’t work. 

1. Do you see his account listed in the Scheduling Privilege section at the bottom of your Personal -> Settings screen?  Can he also see you on his Scheduling Privilege List? (Scheduling Privilege is a 2-way street!)
  2. When you schedule the meeting, have you selected his account from the Schedule For dropdown on the meeting creation page/window?
  3. Does the meeting you schedule appear on his Zoom client app on the desktop?  And also in the list of meetings in zoom.us for him?
  4. Is he always attempting to launch the meeting from the same corporate account?  He must be logged in on the account  that has Scheduling Privilege for this to work.
  5.  Exactly what method is he using to launch the meeting? What app, which link, what device, etc. This is most successful when launching from the meeting list on the Zoom app or zoom.us web page for the account. 

Not sure what else to ask, but this is a start. Once I hear from you, I’ll try to make some recommendations. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray:

1) Yes

2)  Yes

3) I will have to check.

4) yes

5) Not sure.  I will have to check.

Hi Ray!

Mission accomplished.  He was opening the link on his calendar.  I have now taught him to go in through the Zoom app.  Thank you for your help.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Glad to see your issue was resolved @MCCZoom ! Don't forget to click "Accept as Solution" 😊

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?