cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung phone USB-C to HDMI TV audio

TW61
Listener

When connect my Samsung S10e phone to my TV using a USB-C to HDMI cable, the sound normally comes thru the TV.  This works for apps like Disney+, YouTube, and any other app I've tried except for Zoom.    

What do I need to do to make my Zoom audio work thru the TV using an HDMI connection?

thanks,

Tom

4 REPLIES 4

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Can you please try the following?

Close Zoom app.

Connect adapter.

Navigate to Settings->Apps->Zoom->App Permissions

Ensure both 'Microphone' and 'Nearby Devices' are both marked as 'Allowed'.

Navigate to Settings->Apps->Zoom->Storage and select 'Clear Cache'.

Reboot phone, leave adapter connected, log back into Zoom.

Generally speaking, there is a lack of transparency regarding how Zoom accesses Android audio devices - it would be great to be able to pull a list of audio/video devices recognized by the OS and manually select the appropriate device from within Zoom (similar to Windows and Mac clients).

Thanks for helping out!   I tried the instructions this last night, but the phone still plays the audio, not the TV.

- Tom

bstrelko

Bummer. I don't believe this hardware configuration is officially supported by Zoom, so it might be tough to get support. Maybe we have an Android audio expert here who can assist!

Does your TV happen to have Bluetooth audio capability? I know several users in this community regularly pair BT devices to their Android devices for Zoom, but there may need to be an input/output pair for Android to choose these devices as defaults and forward that preference to apps like Zoom. Worth a shot.

TW61
Listener

Thanks again for your help.  It's an older TV, without casting or BT support.   I think I'll have to live with the audio coming out of the phone.

- Tom