cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce Integration Issue- Batch Processing Error

GeethuV
Listener

The Zoom package was is installed in Salesforce 3 years ago and is actively using. Recently, we deactivated the Salesforce user who installed the Salesforce Zoom package. Now we are getting an error from the batch class of Zoom saying it failed to process the batch. The reason we found was when we installed the managed package the user who installed the package became the user who submitted the batch. As the user becomes inactive, The scheduled classes throwing the errors are ‘MeetingMetricsBatch’, ‘ExternalZoomMeetingAutoBatch’.

Is there a way we assign the submitted user in the scheduled job to another active user?

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

When using Zoom marketplace integrations the user who sets up the integration “owns” the integration. If that user is demoted or deleted from Zoom the integration will stop.

You need to have a new admin go into the marketplace and redo the integration. Usually this person should be an admin on both systems.

We have broken a few ourselves so we created a fake user account for our integrations to admin these marketplace applications to avoid disruptions when staff changes occur.

This support link has more details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205703209-Using-the-Salesforce-integration 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

rosek_rise
Listener

Hello.  Thank you Frank_TB - this is very helpful. I have the same issue right now.

When you say "redo the integration", do you mean Deactivate the app on the Zoom Portal then reactivate it again?  I had already changed the Admin info to mine from the consultants who set up the SF-Zoom Integration.  I just changed their status to Inactive yesterday.   Thank you so much!

Frank_TB

Hi,

In my experience we had to go back into the Zoom marketplace and redo the integration. We took this opportunity to create the new Zoom account that was not tied to an actual staff member and we are careful not to remove or demote this marketplace admin fake user account.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

lukaskatko
Listener

If you ONLY need to update the batch class running user there is a way to do this without reinstalling the package:

In Salesforce:
1. Delete the scheduled jobs from Setup > Scheduled Jobs

2. Navigate to Zoom Config (As the user who will run the new jobs)

3. Select 'Edit' on Zoom Config

4. Select 'Save'

5. Go to Setup > Scheduled Jobs and confirm that the new jobs are created under the new user

I know this works for MeetingMetricsBatch, I'm not sure about ExternalZoomMeetingAutoBatch.

Note: Your user running the job must be a running admin on the Zoom side (i.e. the emails must match), otherwise the authentication to run the job will fail