cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reoccuring meeting different days and times

Yeowsers
Listener

I do private tutoring through zoom. I have a student who wants to take a class Monday morning and then Wednesday night. How do I create a reoccuring meeting with the same meeting ID, but on different days and times?

4 REPLIES 4

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

The only way I think this can be done since you only want one meeting ID, is to do a recurring meeting with No fixed time. Normally, when you create a recurring meeting, it occurs daily, weekly, or monthly at a specific time. You want Weekly, and you can pick Monday and Wednesday, but you can't pick different times. That is why No fixed time is your best bet. If the student is up for it, you could make two recurring meetings.  I added two screenshots. If this answers your questions, please click Accept as Solution. 

My latest update no longer allows setting a recurring meeting with no specific time Please advise.

chrismenard7

To use this feature, use Zoom on the web - zoom.us. Do not use the app. It is not in the app. I added a nice screenshot with the steps listed. Please click Accept as Solution if this answers your question. 

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @Yeowsers!  It’s not well known, but you can edit individual occurrences of recording meetings. This makes it pretty easy to do!  Follow along…

First, make a meeting on Monday and set the recurrence for 2 days:

Ray_Harwood_0-1689263241077.jpeg

This will create 2 meetings, one for Monday and one for Tuesday:

Ray_Harwood_1-1689263289298.jpeg

Click the Tuesday meeting (yellow highlight) then click the Edit button:

Ray_Harwood_2-1689263362807.jpeg

A dialog pops up; click Edit This Occurrence:

Ray_Harwood_3-1689263403674.jpeg

Click the calendar icon in the date field and select the Wednesday date:

Ray_Harwood_4-1689263493149.jpeg

You can make other changes here too, including the time. 

Save your change and go see your meetings on Monday and Wednesday!

Ray_Harwood_5-1689263550754.jpeg

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !