cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Self From Recording While Presenting Slides

Mightymouse
Listener

I'm needing a recordings of meetings where I introduce myself, then shift to a powerpoint presentation without me in it, then return back to me. 

While presenting, in the green drop down box that displays what is being shared, it shows the audience the powerpoint presentation only (as desired). However, in the recording there is an additional black section to the right and a box with my face presenting in the top right. Can anyone assist with how I remove the box with me presenting during the powerpoint presentation and the black section below it. 

Many thanks! 
I'm using the latest version of Zoom on an Apple M2 Pro - Ventura 13

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Mightymouse 

I can help with this, but it will be helpful to know if you are recording locally or to the cloud. 

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @Mightymouse!

You have two options depending on your account type:

1. If your account allows for Cloud Recording, you can set your recording settings to record multiple modes (speaker only, gallery only, presentation only, speaker+presentation, gallery+presentation), and you can pull the various versions and edit what you need. (More work, but also more customizable if including others' video windows in the final recording.)
  2. When it's time for you to start the presentation sharing, you can spotlight yourself and then turn off your camera - the presentation will then be recorded without your video screen until you're ready to turn it back on. (The reason why I preface the step with spotlighting yourself is so that if someone accidentally-or purposely- unmutes themselves, their camera displays won't get interjected into your recording.)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

anissat

P.S. @BartBelaire from the Zoom Team recently updated the recording layouts article: 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360025561091-Recording-layouts

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat