cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Meeting Error Question

HillelZoom
Listener

Hi Community,

For Recurring meetings I have opened the invite and click on Zoom settings, it states the following:

This Zoom meeting is removed from the Zoom web. If you want to add a new Zoom meeting to this event, please remove this meeting

Does anyone know what this error means? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @HillelZoom thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community!

I completely understand your concern regarding the error message you've encountered while working with recurring Zoom meetings.

So, that error message you're seeing – "This Zoom meeting is removed from the Zoom web. If you want to add a new Zoom meeting to this event, please remove this meeting" – can pop up when there's something up with the link or setting of a recurring meeting.

Here's a suggestion that might help address this situation:

1. Verify Meeting Availability in Zoom Web Portal: Always ensure that your meeting appears in the Zoom Web Portal. If it's not visible there, it could indicate that the meeting has expired or is not properly synchronized.

2. Sync Outlook Calendar with Zoom: It's advisable to confirm that your Outlook calendar is effectively linked to your Zoom account. This synchronization is crucial to ensure that your scheduled meetings are consistently up to date.

If you're looking for a step-by-step solution to update your Zoom meeting through the Outlook Calendar, consider these steps:

1. Ensure you're logged into the Zoom for Outlook Add-in.
  2. Open your Outlook Calendar and locate the specific meeting you wish to update.
  3. Click on the settings button associated with the Zoom for Outlook Add-in.
  4. Select the "Update" option.

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @HillelZoom thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community!

I completely understand your concern regarding the error message you've encountered while working with recurring Zoom meetings.

So, that error message you're seeing – "This Zoom meeting is removed from the Zoom web. If you want to add a new Zoom meeting to this event, please remove this meeting" – can pop up when there's something up with the link or setting of a recurring meeting.

Here's a suggestion that might help address this situation:

1. Verify Meeting Availability in Zoom Web Portal: Always ensure that your meeting appears in the Zoom Web Portal. If it's not visible there, it could indicate that the meeting has expired or is not properly synchronized.

2. Sync Outlook Calendar with Zoom: It's advisable to confirm that your Outlook calendar is effectively linked to your Zoom account. This synchronization is crucial to ensure that your scheduled meetings are consistently up to date.

If you're looking for a step-by-step solution to update your Zoom meeting through the Outlook Calendar, consider these steps:

1. Ensure you're logged into the Zoom for Outlook Add-in.
  2. Open your Outlook Calendar and locate the specific meeting you wish to update.
  3. Click on the settings button associated with the Zoom for Outlook Add-in.
  4. Select the "Update" option.

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Zoom made this mistake six months ago, and now they are repeating it!
I am fortunate to have two computers, so I could use the one that has not been updated to 6.0.3 to access my regular meetings and put the details into a text file for access to zoom and for inviting others.
It may be that after going to the zoom home screen one can press on "Join Meeting"  to get a list of regular meetings.  This worked for me, and may be helpful unless zoom have removed this option also.

It appears that zoom is trying to compete with Microsoft Teams, and is content to ignore people such as myself who use the service for meetings with family and friends.  The emphasis on more AI recording and other bells and whistles is counterproductive when these are inappropriate to my use; they perhaps need to instigate a personal, as opposed to a business type service, for a reduced subscription.