cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording password

Monserrat1
Listener

Im a student, i used to see the recordings to study but now I need a code, a teacher ask me he didn't hace it, what should I do?

2 REPLIES 2

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @Monserrat1 

The Host/Owner of the Recording must have the Passcode; On the Zoom Web Portal, going to "Recordings" the teacher can Select/Click the recording in question,  the click on "Share" and a "Share recording" window will pop-up; at the Bottom-Left of that window there is a "Share Settings" and the Passcode should be there.

I assuming the Teacher is the owner of the Recording, and if not, you or the teacher needs to ask the owner of the recording, or a Zoom Administrator of the account with access to the "Recording Management", and a Meeting (or Recording) ID needs to be provided to locate the recording.

and if not, it can always generate a new "Share recording Link" with a new "Passcode".

This is probably not the answer you were expecting but if somehow the access was revoked or expired for whatever reason, there is nothing you can do by yourself, you will need the help of the recording owner or the Zoom Account Administrator because Zoom is very serious about protecting the access to the information.

I hope this somehow points you in the right direction to get what you need.

Frank_TB

The owner of the recording can click on the eyeball icon to see the Passcode and share it with you. The other settings regarding sharing must also allow you to see the recording.

In short ask the owner.

Screen Shot 2023-09-26 at 8.40.21 AM.png

 Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!