cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording locally with free basic account.

WildBillRowan
Listener

I have a free Basic account. I should be able to record my meetings locally, but there is no red record button on my screen. There is no option in my meeting settings to enable recording. How do I record my meetings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks again for responding. I have found a way to record my Zoom meetings I do on my Samsung Tab 8 Android tablet. The tablet has a "screen recorder" built in that will recording the video w/ audio. I did a test tonight and it worked perfectly. It automatically saves the video as an MP4 to my internal memory in  Screen Recording folder. From there I can save it to an installed SD card and to the One Drive cloud storage. I knew there had to be a way to

do it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

KhatC
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi @WildBillRowan! The feature might be disabled for your account. To enable or disable local recording for your own use, sign in to the Zoom web portal then go to Personal > Settings> Recording > Local Recording. For more information, check out https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063640.

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Thanks for your response. I have done that but there is no option to "record meetings" other than "automatically record meetings". I havevthat turned on but the meetings on my Samsung Android Tab8 still does not record the meetings. The meetings do record on my desktop and laptop Windows PCs. But I often have meetings at locations that I don't have my PCs available. In the settings the only option storing recorded meeting videos is "computer". 

KhatC

Thanks for the clarification. Local recording is not supported on iOS, iPad, or Android devices. The meeting can only be recorded locally to the computer using Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux.

Thanks again for responding. I have found a way to record my Zoom meetings I do on my Samsung Tab 8 Android tablet. The tablet has a "screen recorder" built in that will recording the video w/ audio. I did a test tonight and it worked perfectly. It automatically saves the video as an MP4 to my internal memory in  Screen Recording folder. From there I can save it to an installed SD card and to the One Drive cloud storage. I knew there had to be a way to

do it.