cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording layouts changed automatically

3SixtyInsights
Listener

Hi team,

I have a user that records podcast videos and we've been running into an issue... Almost all of the time, the recording is in the gallery view. However, twice it has changed over automatically to speaker view in the recording without my user knowing. 

Why might this be happening and is there away to prevent it from happening in the future? Furthermore, is there away to retrieve the gallery view when this happens? We produce a YouTube chat series, and it is important to keep our chats in gallery view. 

6 REPLIES 6

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @3SixtyInsights , 

Since there are major differences in behavior, it would be helpful to know if you are recording locally to the computer or to the Cloud. 

The first time we recorded to the cloud, which we had a feeling that is what caused the change in the recording view. Since then, we've switched to saving locally and it has been recording perfectly in gallery view up until today. 

Bort

So, the main difference between local and cloud recordings is that local records that person's specific view of the meeting, while cloud can record multiple different layouts simultaneously. 

If you're recording locally and are viewing the meeting in Gallery view, that is what will be captured in the video. 

If you're recording to the cloud, you will record whatever video layout you have set in your web settings (Settings > Recording tab > Cloud recording). This allows the cloud recording to capture the exact video layout you want, regardless of what was used in the live session. Want to host the meeting in Speaker view, but recorded in Gallery? Sure, thats fine. Want to have Gallery, Speaker, and shared content all recorded as separate videos? That's possible too! 

I'd personally stick with cloud, since it does give you the ability to always capture the same layout, regardless of what is happening in the meeting. 

Unfortunately, once the recording is finished processing, the temporary data is gone and there is no way to recover a different layout. 

Thank you for the helpful information... Is there any reason why a local recording changed from our normal gallery view to speaker view automatically? That was what happened to us today. 

Bort

Not exactly sure, as I've never come across that problem before. 

3SixtyInsights
Listener

Thank you for the insight!