cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording issues - small freezes

Rocky99
Listener

I teach fitness classes and have tried a headset, the speaker from the camera, clip-on microphone, etc. but I haven't found the perfect fit yet. 

While recording the live video, my participants indicate my picture freezes for a second or two, then catches up.  Also, the timing between my actual speak and it to the music is also off.

I'm looking for any advice for better recorded videos using a microphone.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Are the issues you've described only present for live participants or are they present in the recordings as well?

Are you using the local recording or cloud recording feature?

Also, please let us know what hardware you are using (camera model/type, mic model, computer model/specs, etc).

Rocky99
Listener

The issues are during the live presentation as well as in the recordings.

I use the cloud recording feature.
My camera is logitech BRIO, the mic is BlueParrot C400-XT v1.12 and I bought a new ASUS laptop.

bstrelko

Could be hardware, could be bandwidth.

Are you able to view one of the past meetings and see if your CPU utilization on the host machine was high?

zoom.us/account/metrics/pastmeetings

Also, if you're not doing so already, please ensure that your laptop is plugged into power and a wired ethernet connection when broadcasting.

Rocky99
Listener

I don't have access to the metrics.

The laptop is always plugged in when recording.  I tried the ethernet connection but it didn't seem to make a difference.  The more I move, the more glitches seem to occur.   

One other thing, the participants notice a glitch every time at the 40 min mark.  Is that a coincidence as that is the basic subscription timeline?  I have a better subscription allowing me to record longer.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll keep trying and hopefully, something will change.