cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording in HD with 3 participants

Jenny9
Listener

Hello, I have a Zoom Pro account and I need to do a recorded Zoom session in which I moderate a discussion between two people. How can I make sure that the recording shows all three of us in HD (i.e. 720p)? I found a page on the Zoom support menu that said that for 3 or more participants, I need ‘Group HD enabled’. How exactly do I enable Group HD? What is a group? Do I need to create one and put the two participants in it?
There will be some times when I want just the speaker full screen, some times with the two participants and some times gallery view with all three of us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

'Group HD' was one of Zoom's poorly/ambiguously-named terms for a while - I don't believe this is used anymore.

There is no 'group' that you'll need to manually create - this just allows the meeting/recording to support 720 or 1080 if all necessary conditions are met.

You can enable HD video using the steps outlined here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066166

The 1280x720 or 1920x1080 resolution will be for the whole recording canvas, meaning that you'll get an active speaker view recording in HD and gallery view recording in HD, but the resolution of each participant within gallery view will not be in FHD, as they'll share a canvas. At this time, Zoom will not record *each* participant's isolated feed in full HD (you can use ZoomISO or Zoom Rooms NDI if you're set on this).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko

'Group HD' was one of Zoom's poorly/ambiguously-named terms for a while - I don't believe this is used anymore.

There is no 'group' that you'll need to manually create - this just allows the meeting/recording to support 720 or 1080 if all necessary conditions are met.

You can enable HD video using the steps outlined here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066166

The 1280x720 or 1920x1080 resolution will be for the whole recording canvas, meaning that you'll get an active speaker view recording in HD and gallery view recording in HD, but the resolution of each participant within gallery view will not be in FHD, as they'll share a canvas. At this time, Zoom will not record *each* participant's isolated feed in full HD (you can use ZoomISO or Zoom Rooms NDI if you're set on this).

Jenny9
Listener

Thanks so much. Very helpful