cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Only Self in a Therapy Session!

TashaPsychNerd
Listener

How does one go about recording only themselves in a therapy session on zoom? The client's voice still needs to be heard in the video but their face must remain out of the recording. 

6 REPLIES 6

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @TashaPsychNerd ! I'd be happy to help. 

Quick question. Is the client required to be on camera during the session?

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

TashaPsychNerd
Listener

Yes, this is where the challenge is!

donna66
Listener

Hi Tasha,

I am facing the same question - I need to record a therapy session without the client's image in the recording - but I need to see the client's face. Did you figure this out?

Thanks

You could extract the audio only version of the recording and then delete the actual recording. This can be accomplished via APIs to extract only the audio recording. If you are not a developer, there is a Zoom marketplace app, Salepager, that can separate the audio version from the video for you to ensure the client image is not in the recording.

barbarajrosebor
Listener

When faced with the challenge of recording only oneself during a therapy session on Zoom while ensuring the client's voice is audible but their face remains out of the recording, a few simple steps can be taken. Start the Zoom session and ensure that the video feed is focused on your own face, so only you are visible. Then, as the therapist, enable the recording feature on your end, which typically captures both audio and video by default. This allows your voice and image to be recorded while maintaining the client's voice in the audio. To ensure the client's face remains out of the recording, request that they turn off their video feed during the session, preserving their privacy. Additionally, it's essential to maintain the ethical standards of client confidentiality throughout this process. This practical approach to recording a therapy session on Zoom ensures that your journey into soul therapy remains a private and respectful experience for your client.

Linlaura099
Listener

You can edit the recording later and blur the identity i guess thats the only way it could be done