cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random reactions

LisaG22
Listener

A couple of participants in a meeting are noticing random reactions popping up without them clicking the reaction or even touching their keyboard. We're in a training related to trauma so you can imagine the concern that a thumbs up or tada may pop up at a particularly inappropriate moment. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @LisaG22 , and welcome to the community. Are you using a webinar? If so, this section of Using Webinar Reactions might be helpful to you.

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 11.42.27 AM.png

To disable them entirely: 

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 11.45.00 AM.png

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

This is happening in our meetings too; I'll get a notification that my hand was raised (when I didn't raise it), and sometimes there's a flashing "thumbs up" emoji. It's not a webinar, it's just a regular zoom meeting.

Bri, are you a human or an AI fake? That is a serious question, and I'd like an answer. And, I think you missed the point of the OP's question. Reactions are appearing randomly without anyone touching their keyboard, beginning today in the meetings I was hosting. No human in the meeting touched their keyboard, yet reactions randomly appeared (thumbs up, balloons/confetti).  This is highly inappropriate and invasive. Do not not tell us to disable reactions; that is a non-sequitur, and we all need to be able to use reactions normally. I do NOT have the optional AI feature enabled in my account. Please also answer: has AI monitoring been surreptitiously phased in to some accounts without permission? If not, why are these rogue reactions appearing, and what needs to happen to make them stop? Please answer our actual questions. Thank you.

This is happening for one of our users as well. In a meeting, not a webinar.

From the user:

“While in zoom meetings a thumbs up will appear on my screen randomly.  It has happened 5 or 6 times... The issue is when it pops up during a sensitive call and the other participants assume I literally gave a thumbs up to the topic...It is showing up in my window - and I see it pop up at the bottom of my screen just before it comes up.”

As @JJMusic stated, disabling emoji reactions is not an acceptable fix as we need this feature available for those who want to use it.

tncohn
Listener

All, I just discovered a feature called "Gesture Recognition". I believe disabling this feature will resolve these issues. I'd imagine Zoom isn't able to recognize gestures correctly on lower quality video signals, thus resulting in unintended auto-reactions.

Here's the feature's support article: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059271

Thank you for the link, you made my day.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom has an option for gesture recognition.

Apple operating system also has their own gesture recognition that can show up in Zoom meeting and Webinars.

Regards