cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random lines appeared during a meeting

alanterrill
Listener

During a talk I was giving yesterday, someone tried to logon after the talk had started.  I could see their name pop up in very small print in the left hand side of the screen, then the name moved about a bit at random leaving a trail behind it. It stopped moving after a minute or so, but the trails were left as a blue line which persisted throughout every slide for the rest of the talk . I've attached a link to the section of the talk where this occured.  Can anyone tell me what happened here and what I can do to avoid it in the future? I am dealing with a quite elderly audience here, so asking the culprit what they were doing isn''t likely to help.

http://follies.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/bad-section.mp4 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @alanterrill,

From what I can see, sir, I think someone in your attendees has found the Annotation tool and proceeded to scribble on your presentation!

I recommend going to the web view of your account to Personal -> Settings and turning off the Annotation tool, or at least checking the Only the user who is sharing can annotate check box. 

Ray_Harwood_0-1669500331471.jpeg

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @alanterrill,

From what I can see, sir, I think someone in your attendees has found the Annotation tool and proceeded to scribble on your presentation!

I recommend going to the web view of your account to Personal -> Settings and turning off the Annotation tool, or at least checking the Only the user who is sharing can annotate check box. 

Ray_Harwood_0-1669500331471.jpeg

alanterrill
Listener

Many thanks - I wasn't aware of this function, let alone that an attendee could access it !  I'm sure they had no clue as to what they were doing.

Ray_Harwood

My pleasure to help.  I've had this happen occasionally in events I'm facilitating, and it still catches me off guard!