cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOTE CONTROL ACCESS OPTION NO LONGER AVAILABLE

serviceproper
Listener

HELP!!

There is no longer the option for me to give my meeting attendees remote control access. I have checked all my account settings to make sure that I have allowed for this function, but during my meeting, there is no button/option that comes up to give remote control access.

I have an updated desktop zoom app, I only login on the desktop app version, I'm on a pc, the participant is on pc. Neither for them nor for me do we have the option to use remote access. 

I've troubleshooted everything, watched multiple videos, read multiple posts, and still nothing is working. Everything that should be on is on in my account for remote access. 

Does anyone have any advice? Can Zoom support actually help out with this obvious error that's affecting others?? I'm about to start using a different meeting platform!

3 REPLIES 3

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The function is not gone. However, you may have difficulty in locating it if you do not see the BUTTON. So, try more > support > Request desktop control. Also, try setting Zoom to full screen or to maximize to see if the button does appear. If the button does appear it will say "Support".

DanHuber
Participant

You said that you checked your account settings and that remote support is turned on. in your example of it not working were you the host of the meeting? if the other person was the host then setting would be on their account settings. Also just to be sure you logged into zoom.us with your account credentials  under account settings--> meeting-->in meeting(advanced) --> remote support

bwallen34
Listener

Also if you are on latest software and they are not, that could be an issue, mainly a guess, no experience here.