cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent uninvited users from attending

AndreiAlexandru
Listener

Hello,

I have a meeting scheduled with 500 participants, and all seats are already booked. I'm concerned about the possibility of participants sharing the Zoom link and passcode, which could allow unauthorized users to join.

To prevent this, I have already set up a passcode for the meeting and enabled the waiting room feature. Participants will have 15 minutes to join the meeting.

Now, my main question is: How can I effectively manage nearly 500 participants within this 15-minute window? I need to quickly verify if each user is on the approved list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

AndreiAlexandru
Listener

Up

AndreiAlexandru
Listener

Up

SunflowerEvent
Listener

We regularly support clients with this by having a team managing admitting - each taking a section of the list, checking names and marking off once admitted. If someone is not on this list they are sent a DM to verify the name that they registered with. We then cross check anyone not on the list with the client to see if they should be admitted or removed. 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @AndreiAlexandru.

I don’t have a solution for you using a regular Zoom Meeting or Webinar, but the authentication process and the analytics available using Zoom Events or it’s companion product Zoom Sessions would most likely meet your needs by requiring attendees to be signed into a Zoom account that matches their registration.

Let me know if this interests you for future events. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !