cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants coming in have the same names

KimBerou
Listener

For 2 Zoom meetings now, a number of participants coming in have the same names. Particularly the Co-host's name (my name). During the last meeting, we have 9 participants and at least 3 of them joined in named as "Kim", but others did have their own names when they joined the meeting. 

And on the chat box, although we've renamed the participants with their respective names, it still shows up as "Kim" on the chat. It has made our meeting a bit confusing. Is this a bug? What can I do to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @KimBerou.

Any chance this meeting has Registration enabled?  This sounds to me like a registered attendee shared the Join Link that was assigned directly to them.  If they pass off their Join Link to someone else who joins with it, Zoom assigns the Display Name association with the registration credentials.

Always include "Do not share your customized Join Link with anyone else" somewhere in your communication with your registrants.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @KimBerou.

Any chance this meeting has Registration enabled?  This sounds to me like a registered attendee shared the Join Link that was assigned directly to them.  If they pass off their Join Link to someone else who joins with it, Zoom assigns the Display Name association with the registration credentials.

Always include "Do not share your customized Join Link with anyone else" somewhere in your communication with your registrants.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !