cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant videos freezing

CN
Listener

I have used Zoom for over 19 months with no issue. Suddenly, in the last 3 weeks, my clients videos are freezing, I can hear them but can't see them. They can see and hear me. I have tested the internet connection speed and have done the check from multiple locations. I have a feeling this started after my last software update. Anyone else experiencing the same? BTW this is happening with multiple groups of clients. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @CN Please try adjusting the video settings in Zoom Client -> Settings -> Video -> Advanced -> Uncheck Receiving Video in the section (Use hardware acceleration for), and see if this solves the issue. 

video freeze.png

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi CN, 

I suggest to uninstall your zoom app first then fresh install new one from https://zoom.us/download for this kind of problems.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've done that and will test again. 

The fix works for me.

I was having horrible video feed during my calls if I would try clicking on other tabs to show our website or use my second monitor. One client said I looked like I was in a matrix. We could hear each fine but the video was horribly distracting. Issue worsened and now I was scrambled or frozen without having to move my mouse. If I wasnt jumbled or distorted, I would be freezing up in the most unfortunate expressions. lol Thankfully, this solution appears to have resolved the problem. Thank you!

Marya
Listener

Beste CN

Ik heb hetzelfde probleem, heeft opnieuw installeren geholpen?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Marya

Marya
Listener

geholpen bedoel ik uiteraard.

madhavi
Listener

I am facing exactly same issue. Can Zoom team help on this?

I tried to install new versions but problem still have.

I am using Zoom on Windows 10

me too!! I have uninstalled and installed several times to no avail and requested a help ticket but no reply

Gordan_S0jat
Listener

Same here...using Zoom for more than a year and now suddenly this start to happen for about a month or so. Reinstalled the app but that didn't help. It's super annoying! No such problems at all at Google Meet. So my bandwidth is ok.

ajwwong
Listener

This is happening for me too.

KMack
Listener

Yes me too. Only recently. A fresh install has not helped. Windows and drivers have been completely updated. I've tried multiple Zoom accounts, various users at the other end of the Zoom call and a variety of webcam/microphone setups. Every Zoom meeting will have users freeze randomly throughout the meeting.

DebbieNZ
Listener

Has anyone got a solution yet? I've gone through all the steps as suggested but problem still exists. As a short term measure I have to repeatedly click on 'view', change it and the participants remain unfrozen for a short period of time. The only common denominator is none of my participants have downloaded the latest version of Zoom. 

No solution yet...at least one that works! I've been using my mobile phone to conduct the meetings and client videos are not freezing. However this is not ideal as I need to see my clients on a big screen. 

No word from the Zoom team!

karen1
Listener

i am experiencing the same over the last few weeks. i have learnt i can unfreeze by clicking the dots then the image but this only lasts for a while then freezes again. find i am constantly doing this throughout meetings. have uninstalled and reinstalled no difference! Is this due to a recent update by zoom?

GayHamilton
Listener

I am having the same issue - any word from Zoom?

I tried the Zoom suggested fix and it seems to have worked perfectly.

Will try it tomorrow.... did yours work on one on one meeting or group Zoom meeting?

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @CN Please try adjusting the video settings in Zoom Client -> Settings -> Video -> Advanced -> Uncheck Receiving Video in the section (Use hardware acceleration for), and see if this solves the issue. 

video freeze.png

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for the advise4 - it worked and  I had no problems today in the group meeting 🙂 🙂

On my computer the problem is only in one-to-one sessions not in the group ones. Have you tried one-to-one after following the advice? I am going  tomorrow

Ok I will try it with my meetings tomorrow. I generally only do one to one meetings. I hope it works! Will keep you posted! 

This fix worked for me last night.

This seems to work.  Thank you!

How do I get to Zoom Client?  I don't seem to have the choices in the above screen. When I click on Settings it does not even have a video setting.  

Laura

So far so good! the fix worked for my morning meeting. Let's see how the rest of the day goes! 

thank you! After a month of contacting Dell and almost having my motherboard replaced, this worked. How in the heck did you know that this was a fix?

Perfect!  I followed your advice, and just ended the 1st Zoom meeting in a few weeks where the participant's video wasn't freezing.  Thanks much Virginia!

Thanks again. Zoom should help us when so many people can't zoom successfully and something major changes.

This worked for me! Thank you!

This freezing is still happening, mine started the same as everyone else - mid August.  At first I thought it was my internet, but that is not the case.  I did the latest update Tues - still had issues.  This morning, I took zoom off, rebooted and reinstalled...still the same issue in my class today.

I see this solution above, but where do I find Zoom client in my settings

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @spaldingsb, you have to download the Zoom desktop client at zoom.us/download. However, from your previous message, it sounds like you have it already installed. If you're trying to find the client settings there's a couple of ways to finding the client settings. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

This does not come up on my settings. I have a paid subscription 

My video freezes over the last 2 months.  I went to Zoom.us/download and downloaded the Zoom client, but I cannot find any icon that says "Zoom Client" to click on.  Therefore I can't go to settings-video etc as suggested on how to correct this problem.  How do I get to "Zoom Client" so I can uncheck "Receiving Video"?  Rod

Hi, you don't need to go into Zoom client to fix the problem. Go into settings (the wheel) - video - advanced (at the bottom of the screen) - uncheck 'receiving video' - should solve the problem.

Thank you Debbie. That's what I was trying to say. He already is at the zoom client right? Just go to settings and follow the diagram posted here

I guess Debbie was saying what I was trying to tell you. Just follow the diagram. Go to settings and change your setting. Good luck.

I applied this fix as well as reinstalling Zoom a couple of times and it still freezes.  Does make any difference if on Webinar or one on one.  What's next?

I'm having the same issue! My video keeps freezing and logging out my last 4 sessions. I have full wifi bars and haven't done anything different. I just updated zoom to the newest version and tested it and it froze right before the 30 minute mark. Would the above apply to me? I'm unsure how to get to the page and tech support hasn't responded. Please help!

Go to: settings - video - advanced - go to the section 'use hardware acceleration for' and untick 'receiving video'