cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant shadow and camera blocked icon on virtual background

DT1
Listener

My zoom just updated to 5.12.0 and I noticed that it added a shadow and a camera blocked icon on virtual background when physical camera is covered. While I found a way to get rid of the shadow (apply a greenscreen setting) it is neither perfect, nor it solves the camera blocked icon in the middle of my background. Is there a way to remove it?

5 REPLIES 5

DT1
Listener

Any chance to get an answer?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @DT1 its been some time since you've posted this discussion! Was curious if you are still having issues? 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Yes, I do. Seems like a feature now, but it's very annoying

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@DT1 I maybe having a hard time duplicating your issue. I am running 5.14.10 (19202) Release notes, and not seeing what you're seeing. 

Covered my physical camera with virtual background on (with my hand 😆)

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 5.06.56 PM.png

Virtual background with "I have a green screen" checked. 

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 5.07.28 PM.png

Let me know if I am understanding your experience correctly! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

DT1
Listener

Here's the screenshot of what I see:

DT1_0-1687361277483.png

This appears when I have blinder closed (part of laptop, although I think it has no electronics attached, just a built-in piece of plastic) and when I cover camera with hand. Now, I looked up the settings and I had "I have a green screen" setting turned on.

Since I didn't check it for some time I turned it off and the icon in the middle of the screen disappeared. Not sure how you don't have this icon at all, but it seems I have a way to go around this problem right now, so you can consider issue solved.

BTW I have Version: 5.15.0 (17890) right now