cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant sent to separate meeting room

msadkison
Listener

One of my meeting participants was sent to a separate room rather than my group meeting.  I received several emails from Zoom indicating that the participant was in my personal meeting room, and it was during the time of my meeting with several other participants. 

I host weekly Zoom meetings and have never had this issue before.  Participants are allowed to join before I start my meeting and rejoin the meeting at any time if they lose connection, etc.  I do NOT have the waiting room enabled.  Passcodes are NOT required.  I DO have the "embed passcode in invite link for one-click join" option selected.  

Why wasn't she allowed to join the group meeting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @msadkison.

It sounds to me like this person used the wrong meeting link to join. Zoom wouldn’t automatically send her to the wrong room. Since this was only one occurrence, and everyone else was able to get in, I don’t think there’s much we can do for you, other than to advise this particular attendee to be sure and use the correct Join link. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @msadkison.

It sounds to me like this person used the wrong meeting link to join. Zoom wouldn’t automatically send her to the wrong room. Since this was only one occurrence, and everyone else was able to get in, I don’t think there’s much we can do for you, other than to advise this particular attendee to be sure and use the correct Join link. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !