cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original sound

BeeEm
Listener

I want to set up Original sound for musicians, but that option isn't available when I go into Audio Profile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

The browser-based PWA isn't out of date, but yes, it's a completely different product and Original Sound is currently available for the Zoom Desktop Client only

Apologies for the extra back-and-forth - when I initially asked what version of Zoom Client you were using, I continued to troubleshoot with the assumption you were using Zoom Client and not Zoom for browser.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

bstrelko

Can you confirm which OS and version of Zoom Client you're using?

BeeEm
Listener

Windows 11, and presumably, most recent version of Client, since Zoom updated entirely this week

bstrelko

Got it - can you send a snapshot of your audio settings page within the Zoom Client application?

Hmm...it's telling me I don't have permission to upload images. Anyway, all the help pages I see say there's supposed to be an "Advanced" button. My screen looks the same, but there's no "Advanced" button.

bstrelko

This is the sub-menu you're looking at, correct?

bstrelko_0-1699897471653.png

No, there's no "Audio Profile" part at all.

bstrelko

Got it. And you're unable to paste a screenshot, correct?

Can you open Zoom, click your profile picture on the top-right and navigate to Help -> About Zoom ? Can you copy/paste the exact version that's running and also include the exact version of Win11 you're running?

Also, do you manage your Zoom account or is it managed by your organization / administrator?

One last question - are you 100% logged into a Zoom account when using the Zoom application? Just looking to rule out any situations that would prevent this submenu from appearing.

The Windows 11 version is 22H2.

There's no Help->About Zoom option under my profile picture, just Plans and Billing, and it says the plan is Zoom One Pro. I'm the owner/manager of the account.

Oh, found the way to get the Zoom version - it's 1.7.1.1871 (1108)

bstrelko

This doesn't appear to be a valid Windows release of Zoom from the past few years:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068823

Where are you pulling the version from?

From the Home page, clicked on the profile at top right (my initials in this case), then chose About, and that's the version that came up.

I see from the link you provided that the most recent version was on October 30, version 5.16.6 (24712)

Should I download that release, and see what happens?

Something else - when I click on the link from my desktop, it shows the newest version. I usually use the link that's in the favourites in my browser. Let me try the one from the desktop, maybe the one in the browser is out of date.

Aah...now I see the right audio settings. Crazy that the link in my browser was so out of date. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly now. Thanks for your time, really appreciate it!

bstrelko

The browser-based PWA isn't out of date, but yes, it's a completely different product and Original Sound is currently available for the Zoom Desktop Client only

Apologies for the extra back-and-forth - when I initially asked what version of Zoom Client you were using, I continued to troubleshoot with the assumption you were using Zoom Client and not Zoom for browser.

Yeah, I didn't know there was a difference - but I do now! So, thanks at least for helping to clarify that for me. I've set Original Sound For Musicians in the Audio settings now.