cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One on one Zoom meeting, Host in Ireland, me in the US, intermittently screen and audio freeze up

dvarga
Listener

Hi, many times when my Host (in Ireland) and myself (US) connect via Zoom, about once every 2 minutes the PC screen freezes and the audio stops for both parties. Freezes for perhaps 20 seconds and then resumes. I have a fast home connection on my computer and so does my host. Any ideas of what might be causing this?  Any ideas of what I might find to correct this?  I zip around the internet, playing videos and going from website to website and otherwise have no problems.  Much thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

dvarga
Listener

Continuing... And my PC uses windows 11 and my speed is over 300mbs for upload and download. And even on my iPhone when I connected to that Zoom the same thing was happening...

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi dvarga,

it may be your host and/or your internet connection, load on your computer in terms of processor and/or memory utilization, how you all are accessing the internet via wired ethernet or wifi, whether you all are using the latest zoom client, etc.

Troubleshooting issues with Zoom update and installation – Zoom Support

you can use the zoom network connectivity tool to try to pinpoint the issue.

Zoom Network Connectivity Tool – Zoom Support

thanks, eliot

dvarga
Listener

Thank you for this Eliot!