cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Email - Two Different Accounts

MonicaW
Listener

Hi - I have a professional zoom account already with my email address. A organization I am going to do volunteer work for just invited me to join their zoom account and the message mentions merging accounts. I don't want to merge accounts. I want the two separate accounts using the same email. How do I do this without hitting accept and merging accounts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @MonicaW.

Merging the account would associate your account with the organization.  I agree that this is not suitable for lots of volunteers and their organization. 

In your case, I recommend that you do not accept the invitation, and that you get a separate email address to access your "volunteer" account.  For example, set up "MonicaWVolunteerABC" (where VolunteerABC is some sort of description of what/where you're volunteering) on gmail, then forward all of that email to your primary email address.  (Alternatively, set up your phone and computer to access both email accounts.  I keep my volunteer Email separate from my personal and business email for a variety of reasons -- some of them due to legal discoverability of certain volunteer work, like board of directors, etc.  you might think it's a little more work keeping track of multiple email accounts, but I find it helps me focus!)

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @MonicaW.

Merging the account would associate your account with the organization.  I agree that this is not suitable for lots of volunteers and their organization. 

In your case, I recommend that you do not accept the invitation, and that you get a separate email address to access your "volunteer" account.  For example, set up "MonicaWVolunteerABC" (where VolunteerABC is some sort of description of what/where you're volunteering) on gmail, then forward all of that email to your primary email address.  (Alternatively, set up your phone and computer to access both email accounts.  I keep my volunteer Email separate from my personal and business email for a variety of reasons -- some of them due to legal discoverability of certain volunteer work, like board of directors, etc.  you might think it's a little more work keeping track of multiple email accounts, but I find it helps me focus!)

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !