cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help renewing my existing subscription

Frustrated1
Listener

Ok this isn't about meetings but issue is not offered on any of the drop-down menus to get help. I am trying to renew my subscription at a discounted rate that was offered to me in an email today, I am unable to complete the transaction because whenever I hit the "proceed" button I get an error message about a time limit. I am unable to get in touch with a support agent because I have to choose from a drop-down menu about my issue before I can proceed and my issue is not listed in the drop-down menu.

Is Zoom offering early renewal at a discounted rate or not? And if not, then why is Zoom sending me an email offering such a rate, then preventing me from completing the transaction or getting any help with the transaction?

12 REPLIES 12

Naomiu
Listener

i am having the same problem. i see nobody has responded to your request for help. this is very frustrating. i cannot get phone help, the chatbot is useless, i think this community is the only possible source of an answer. please somebody explain how to actually complete the renewal process. thank you very much

dzelman1
Listener

Having the same issue

Frustrated1
Listener

Interesting that I am now getting emails from Zoom offering me rewards and prizes for something or other. Of course the emails are from a “do not reply” address. Wonder how to tell them that the only prize or reward I would value is getting help when I need it. Hmmm . . . Letter to the editor? Complaint to BBB is always effective . . . 

drsteve
Listener

This is incredibly frustrating.  I've gotten 4 or 5 emails from Zoom urging me to renew my Pro annual subscription at a discounted rate.  When I click the button on the email to renew, it goes to a billing  page WITH NO WAY TO RENEW.  I'm a busy doctor and have wasted time scouring the website, emailing support, waiting online for phone support that I'm apparently not eligible for, and now I'm wading through a user forum to learn how to give this company more of my money.  I'm fed up.

Frustrated1
Listener

I guess we'll just have to wait for it to auto-renew at the regular rate . . . they're pretty much the only game in town and I need it to host my meetings. I guess they're milking that for all it's worth while they can. At some point they will have competitors who might just compete on better customer service.

Just opened billing ticket. Will let you know how it goes

bobm
Listener

As with others, I have the same problem. Utterly exasperating. And how come nobody at Zoom has seen this yet and replied?

drsteve
Listener

I submitted an online "trouble ticket" to billing — all paid plan holders can do this, and I suggest you do.  I just got a reply that said renewal occurs automatically and the discount will apply if it is listed as "pending."  My renewal date is tomorrow, so I guess I'll see.  They also asked me to forward copies of the email I received, so apparently different parts of Zoom's organization don't talk to each other.  I'll be relieved if this turns out to be a non-issue, but I still wasted lots of valuable time on confusing emails that Zoom should never have sent.

Ok, I did finally get an invoice from Zoom showing that my Pro subscription did renew at the discounted rate. All’s well that ends well but the process could certainly be smoothed out. 

Thanks Frustrated1. It looks like we can relax. It looks like Zoom haven't tested their systems with real users to see (and sort) the difficulties they find.

This billing ticket procedure did not work for me. Despite of tech support assurances,  nothing happened,  and now coupon expired. I think I will find alternative solution to Zoom.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Frustrated1 @bobm @dzelman1 @drsteve @Naomiu , I would suggest Viewing your account and subscription details within the Zoom web portal as can view your account details to ensure you are assigned the appropriate licenses. 

You can follow the article to understand your account type, the date your subscription started, your subscription period and status, and others. As the Zoom Billing team does not monitor the community, for further assistance, please reach out by creating a ticket here. Thanks! 

For coupon codes, refer looking over the additional notes with the KB on Applying Discount Coupons 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!